Watch our Earth Day message here!
Here at Nathan Littauer Hospital, we have come up with simple and creative ways to stay green.
On this Earth Day we would like to share just a few things we do to care for Mother Earth too:
- We have saved 24,000 gallons a year by switching to microfiber mop heads.
- We use a chemical free floor stripper, which is non-toxic and odor free.
- We added a car charging station last year.
- We also added new lights to our parking lot, which will save us 330,000 kilowatt hours.
- We repurpose buildings for our Primary Care Centers.
- We send unused medical supplies to third-world nations.
- We clean condenser coils because we have found we use six to eight percent less electricity if we do so.
- We have bike racks and many employees car pool.
- We added a white roof to our nursing home to save electricity.
That is why we people call us their “Green Neighbor”.