The Diabetes Education program at Littauer has held recognition status from the American Diabetes Association since 2002 for meeting specific quality standards in all of the following areas:
- Diabetes disease process
- Stress management
- Preventative care
- Goal setting
- Preconception care, pregnancy and gestational diabetes, if applicable.
Littauer’s team of professionals makes our diabetes network exceptional:
- Our program coordinator is a Certified Diabetes Educator and R.N. with advanced degrees in Nursing and Education.
- Registered Dietitians discuss nutritional needs and dietary habits.
- Registered Pharmacist(s) can explain the affects of medications.
- Our Physical Therapist(s) motivate patients to more active lifestyles.
- Your Primary Care Physician directing your treatment plans.
This team-oriented approach has been very well received. Reach our Program Coordinator with any questions at (518) 773-5425.