This page has been updated for October 18th, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
Out of an abundance of caution, we have instituted a one-visitor per patient policy, effective 12 p.m., October 1, 2021. This reflects the most current public health guidelines: to safely manage the number of people in the hospital, allocate resources and to reduce the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We understand and respect families and friends wanting to visit patients who have been admitted to Nathan Littauer Hospital & Nursing Home. However, our primary responsibility is to create a safe environment for our patients and our staff.
*Additionally, Nathan Littauer will review this policy on a weekly basis, and may effectively change this policy.
We do encourage virtual visits as an alternative to in-person visitation. If needed, we can provide patients with tablet devices and assistance to help patients connect with friends and family. Patients can ask their care team for additional guidance on virtual visits.
Visiting hours are limited to 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., Monday – Friday on inpatient units.
Visiting hours are limited to 10:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., Saturday – Sunday on inpatient units.
The final decision on patient visitation will be made by the patient care team based on:
- The patient’s medical condition
- The patient’s care plan when visitation will benefit the patient’s care and well-being
Guidelines for Compassionate Visitation:
- Visitation will be set for each patient by the patient’s care team or nurse manager
Visitation and Compassionate Exception Rules:
- Masks must be worn (covering nose and mouth) by visitors at all times, while on hospital property – including patient rooms
- Depending on the patient’s condition, additional PPE may be required
- Visitors must use the Main Hospital Entrance
- Visitors will be required to review and confirm they meet screening criteria
- Visitors will not be allowed to visit if they are ill, have COVID-19 symptoms, or have participated in high-risk COVID-19 activities
- No visitors on quarantine will be allowed to visit
- All visitors must check-in using our Well Screen system and visitors may be requested to show a photo ID
- The visitor badge will identify the approved destination; this badge must be worn during the entire length of the visit and must be worn above the waist
- Visitors must go directly to their destination
- Visitors must perform hand hygiene before entering and when exiting the patient’s room
- Visitors may not eat or drink in the patient’s room
- Visitors who fail to wear a mask or follow other safety precautions may be asked to leave the hospital
Separate visitation guidelines are established for the Birthing Center:
Visitation is permitted at this time, with one designated person. This includes a labor support (father of the baby, partner, or other designated support person).