Nathan Littauer Nursing Home
The guidelines below are effective
January 13, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
In order to offer visitation within the Nursing Home, and to mitigate the risk of COVID-19, we have developed the following procedures:
- Outdoor (weather permitting), and indoor, supervised visitation will be available: Outdoor – West Dining Room patio (weather permitting and Indoor – West Dining Room. The area can accommodate three residents, and no more than two visitors at a time for each resident, for a 30-minute period. All residents and visitors must socially distance (remain 6’ apart), wear masks (covering mouth and nose), and perform hand hygiene. We will provide a procedure mask to be kept for use during visitation.
- Tables, chairs and any other items touched by individuals will be wiped down between visitors with appropriate cleaning products.
- All visitors must comply with the Screening Protocol (recording name, address, telephone numbers, temperature check, and answer the symptom and travel questions), and cleared for screening to visit.
- A visitor must present a verified negative test result within the last week (7 day period) and visitation must be refused if the individual fails to present such negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening questions.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years of age or older.
- Current COVID-19 positive residents, PUIs (Persons Under Investigation for COVID-19), and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period, are not eligible for visits.
- If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state-declared Public Health Emergency.
- The visitors will enter the patio area on the path between the Nursing Home and the Dialysis Center. Visitors will not be allowed to enter the building.
- We may resume visitation with the absence of any new onset of COVID-19 in the nursing home, as reported to our regulatory agencies, for a period of no less than 14 days (previously the time frame was 28 days with an onset of a new positive COVID-19 result).
Hours will be arranged at the following times:
Monday: 2:00 p.m. | 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. | 11:00 a.m.
Friday: 2:00 p.m. | 3:00 p.m.
- To schedule a visit, please call Melissa Buanno at (518) 773-5613, or MBuanno@nlh.org .
- Visitation will be paused with a new confirmed COVID-19 positive resident and/or staff, for a period of no less than 14 days, as long staffing levels can accommodate the visitation plan, and due to the positivity rate in the county.