Nathan Littauer Nursing Home
Nathan Littauer’s Nursing Home visitation
is currently suspended at this time.
The guidelines listed below are effective
April 6, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
In order to offer visitation and to mitigate the risk of COVID-19, we have developed the following procedures:
- Outdoor (weather permitting), and indoor, supervised visitation will be available: Outdoor – West Dining Room patio (weather permitting) and Indoor – West Dining Room. The area can accommodate three residents, and no more than two visitors at a time for each resident, for a 30-minute period. All residents and visitors must socially distance (remain 6’ apart), wear masks (covering mouth and nose), and perform hand hygiene. We will provide a procedure mask to be kept for use during visitation. Both areas used for visitation can be accessed by using the walkway located between the Nursing Home and Dialysis Center on the Easterly Street side. Visitors must remain within the outlined visitation areas at all times.
- Tables, chairs and any other items touched by individuals will be wiped down between visitors with appropriate cleaning products.
- All visitors must comply with the Screening Protocol (recording name, address, telephone numbers, temperature check, (answer the symptom and travel questions,) and infection control practices.
- We, and the Department of Health, strongly recommend that visitors be COVID tested; even if you have been vaccinated. Please contact Nursing Home Admissions Coordinator Melissa Buanno to schedule COVID testing and visits at (518) 773-5613 or email email@example.com. Visitors may be tested in the East Dining Room on Mondays and Thursday from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Visitation hours will be arranged at the following times:
Monday: 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. | 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. | 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. | 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- The COVID test results will be entered by Employee Health or designee. The interface reports to the New York State Electronic Clinical Laboratory Reporting System (ECLRS). If there is a positive result, the visitor will not be allowed to visit and will be contacted by someone from Nathan Littauer Hospital, as well as from someone from the local (County) Department of Health in which they reside. The visitor’s insurance will be billed for an administrative fee for the specimen collection.
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years of age or older.
- Current COVID-19 positive residents, PUIs (Persons Under Investigation for COVID-19), and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period, are not eligible for visits.
- If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared Public Health Emergency.
- Indoor visitation will be limited under the following circumstances:
- Visitation will be paused with a new confirmed COVID-19 positive resident and/or staff, for a period of no less than 14 days when there is an outbreak.
- When a new case of COVID-19 among residents or staff is identified, we will begin outbreak testing and suspend all visitation. Visitation can resume if the first round of outbreak testing reveals no additional COVID-19 cases in other unaffected areas of the facility. The facility should suspend visitation on the affected unit(s) until the facility meets the criteria to discontinue outbreak testing.
- For unvaccinated residents, if the nursing home’s COVID-19 county positivity rate is >10% and <70% of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated.