With a decline in the number of COVID-19 infections within Fulton County, we are pleased to be able to allow our hospitalized patients to have visitors on a limited basis. Visits from friends and family can promote patients’ physical or emotional well-being and care. Please be aware that the pandemic is not over and risks of transmission remain. We encourage virtual visits as an alternative to in-person visitation. Visitor access will be managed by the Nursing Supervisor, Manager, and Security: Any questions related to visitation: please call (518) 725-8621. If needed, patients can ask their care team for additional guidance on virtual visits.
Nathan Littauer Hospital’s visitation guidelines can be found below.
This page has been updated for September 14, 2021 3:22 p.m.
To keep patients, staff, and visitors safe, the following list of expectations for visitation must be adhered to at all times:
- One visitor permitted at a time on Medical/Surgical Unit. (see below for other unit guidelines)
- Proper handwashing and wearing of personal protective equipment is expected.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- Visiting hours are limited to 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Monday – Friday on inpatients units.
- Visiting hours are limited to 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM, Saturday – Sunday on inpatients units.
- Visiting hours for the Nursing Home: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri – 11 AM to 3 PM: Thurs-4P to 7P: Sat-11A-2P
- Visitors must wear masks covering mouth and nose at all times while in the hospital.
- All visitors must check-in at the registration desk in the lobby.
- Visitors will register and participate in the automated screening process in the lobby.
- Registration will give the visitor patient’s room number; visitors will be requested to show a photo ID.
- The visitors’ badge, printed from screening machine, will identify the approved destination; this badge must be visible during the entire length of the visit.
- Visitors will check in with the ward clerk at the nurses’ station.
- Family and Friends may rotate visiting, keeping in mind, all visitors must go through screening
- Patients are encouraged to wear masks covering mouth and nose as tolerated.
- At least six feet of distancing between visitors and patients should be practiced at all times.
- Anyone who has any symptoms of illness should not visit the hospital and will be asked to leave.
- You may be asked to leave the premises should you fail to adhere to any of these requirements.
- We will continue to provide compassionate exceptions on a case-by-case basis decided by Nurse Manager or Nursing Supervisor.
Separate visitation guidelines are established for the following:
- Emergency Department and Special Care Unit (SCU): One visitor allowed at a time. Visitor is able to switch out with other family to visit. Compassionate exceptions made on a case-by-case basis.
- The Birthing Center: Labor and Delivery: Patients are allowed to have one designated support person throughout the patients stay. A second designated support may include a doula.
- The Birthing Center: Postpartum (After Delivery): same as above.
- Outpatient services: Visitors are encouraged to stay in the vehicle while the patient is receiving care. Cell phone communication should be established between visitor and hospital department.
- Covid Positive patients: to be determined by Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervision, and care team.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to keep our patients, staff, and our community safe. Visitation is reviewed weekly and can be rescinded in accordance with Department of Health and local infection rates.
Nathan Littauer’s Nursing Home visitation guidelines can be found here.