Nathan Littauer Hospital has formalized a visitation policy for the hospital aimed at protecting the health of their patients and employees. Therefore the following new policies are now being enforced at the hospital:
- Visitors are asked to use the main entrance.
- Visitors under the age of 12 are prohibited.
- Those with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, vomiting, diarrhea or any other symptoms of acute illness within the prior 24 hours must not come as a visitor.
- No more than two visitors are allowed per patient room.
- If a staff member asks you to wear a mask, it should be worn covering the mouth and nose whenever in the hospital.
- Hand washing or the use of waterless hand cleanser is expected whenever entering or leaving a patient’s room.
- For added protection, masks are available for all visitors, even those who are healthy.
Dr. Todd Duthaler, Littauer’s Chief of Emergency Medicine notes, “Please realize that our primary responsibility is to provide quality medical care and we feel that these regulations are in the best interest of our patients.”