Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is an advanced, state-of-the-art scan that produces clear images of the human body without the use of x-rays. MRI uses a powerful but harmless magnetic field and radio waves (like the kind that transmit radio stations) to clearly visualize internal structures (i.e. brain, spine, joints, etc).
Littauer’s MRI offers several advantages to other MRI units including:
- Extra large opening (accommodate up to 520lbs) for greater comfort
- High-field magnet (2-3 times stronger) for extremely clear images
- Shorter bore (125cm) to reduce feelings of claustrophobia
- Overall shorter scan times in many cases
- Saturday appointments in Perth for your convenience
For questions related to our MRI services, please reach us at (518) 773-5520. To schedule an appointment (a physician’s referral is required), please call our Patient Access Scheduling line any weekday at (518) 775-4250.