This information is current as of: 06/25/2020 2:00 p.m.
Below are the current preventative measures Nathan Littauer Hospital is undertaking to ensure our patients remain safe during the COVID-19 pandemic:
• We are advising those who show symptoms of Coronavirus/COVID-19 to stay home when possible. If they plan to visit our hospital for emergency services, we ask they call ahead of time, or report upon arrival.
• Nathan Littauer Hospital has followed visitation guidelines in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDoH). At our own discretion, we will continue our current visitation rules.
• All foot traffic and entrance into the hospital has been directed to the main entrance. During the weekend, they must use our Emergency Care Center entrance for proper screening.
• Upon entering the hospital, all individuals will be asked questions such as:
“Do you have any of the following symptoms?”
o Sore throat
o Chills, and or repeated shaking with chills
o Muscle pain
“Have you recently traveled?”
“Do you have a sudden loss of taste and or smell?”
• All patients, visitors, employees, vendors, and staff are required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose, when unable to maintain social distancing. Additionally, all individuals who enter the hospital will have their temperature taken.
• For those who have medical appointments, they will be screened, and then directed to the location of their appointment. We advise those who have appointments to strictly go to the location of their appointment, then leave the hospital campus immediately after.
• Waiting rooms have been redesigned to ensure a social distancing measurement of six feet or greater between patients.
• Those who are to be seen at the Respiratory Illness Clinic (RIC) are asked to enter through the Primary Care Entrance, as signs instruct, instead of traveling through the hospital.
• We have resumed elective surgeries May 11, 2020. For those with scheduled procedures, patients must test negative for Coronavirus/COVID-19 in order to have surgery within our facility. During Monday to Friday, patients will be swabbed or tested inside our surgery center. Patients will be swabbed or tested in their vehicles during Saturday and Sunday outside of our surgery center before their procedure.
• In accordance with our visitation guidelines, families of surgical patients cannot wait in surgical waiting rooms.
• Visitation for special cases such as end-of-life care and compassionate exemptions, exceptions for visitation may be allowed. This stipulation is at the discretion of the Nursing Supervisor.
More information is available from the CDC, here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/