In 1891, when Lucius N. Littauer and his mother, Harriet, donated the land and funds for a hospital, they had but two requests: first, that the Hospital be named for Nathan Littauer, Lucius’ father; and second, that the community raise $10,000 in support of the Hospital. Thus began the fund-raising tradition for our community hospital.
More than ninety years later the Nathan Littauer Foundation formalized the fund-raising activities for our unique and irreplaceable Hospital, Nursing Home, 9 outpatient centers, wellness center and outpatient surgery center. Contributions from individuals, businesses, foundations, grateful patients and their families have helped to keep Littauer’s services, technologies, computerization and facilities current, allowing us to offer better and safer patient care.
Your gift, no matter the size, makes a difference and continues the tradition of support that Lucius Littauer first asked of our community over 118 years ago.
What inspires people to make charitable gifts to Littauer?
- Belief that our community deserves a quality health care system.
- Belief that our health care system needs the most up-to-date technologies and equipment to treat our patients, as well as recruit and retain an outstanding health care team.
- Understanding that supporting a financially stable, not-for-profit hospital goes directly to better patient care, not the bottom line.
- The opportunity to honor an individual on a special occasion.
- The opportunity to honor a caregiver at Littauer.
- The opportunity to memorialize a friend or loved one.
- The opportunity to make an annual charitable donation.
- Establish a legacy of generosity through your estate.
If you would like to discuss ways to make a donation to the Nathan Littauer Foundation, please call Susan Kiernan at 518-773-5504. If you are prepared to make a donation now either download the form below and mail in your donation, or donate online.
Donate by Mail
Print and fill out the Nathan Littauer Donation Form (PDF) and mail it to:
The Nathan Littauer Foundation
99 East State Street
Gloversville, NY 12078
Donate by Phone
Contact Kelly Colby at (518) 773-5505 to make your credit card gift.
Make a donation now with PayPal: